Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I want to be just like you...

Recently I was asked to think about people who have influenced my life. As I started to list them I realized that my short list of mentors made a huge impact and most of them are clueless to their amazing contribution. Some of the women on my list I have known my entire life and others a short time.

Mrs. Murphy - my 8th grade geography teacher. She was also my mentor for my service class my senior year. She showed me how a single teacher can change a life just by being there.

My Mom – Showed me that even though marriage can be hard it is important to work through the struggles and honor the vows you made. Divorce would have been the easy answer for my parents’ marriage, but they have been married for 32 years.

My Aunt Rosie – What an amazing mom and example of faith. I have always admired her. I wish I was able spend more time with her, but when we were together I was always in awe of the love she had for my cousins.

Alex – For her wonderful example on how to be a prayerful mom, wife and friend.

So, I’m passing on the challenge…Who has God put in your life that has made a difference? Have you told them?

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat! So have you told them?
    What an encouragement that would be. Love what you are doing with your blog, keep it up! :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete