Monday, November 7, 2011

Nine years!!!

With our 9 year wedding anniversary tomorrow I thought this post was appropriate. Our big day was emotional for so many reasons...

I was young. I wouldn't change a thing, but at the time I did not know what I was getting myself into! I was swept up in the moment and in love. I was also 20. Legally an adult, but for sure not a grown up yet. This was the biggest hurdle early in our marriage.

My dad was there. This is the greatest hurdle of them all. When I was 8 my dad had a major heart attack. The doctors told us that if he didn’t change his lifestyle he wouldn’t live to see my wedding day. As the planning got farther along and the big day approached I got more and more nervous that this prophecy would come true. The rest of my dad’s story is for another post.

Family drama. My wedding date was picked a year and a half before the actual event. How was I supposed to know that Farmington was going to make it to the state playoffs and that my brother would be on that team? I was happy for him, but devastated that my brother chose football over me. It didn’t help that I was than emotional mess.

The main thing that I did learn from the emotional roller coaster of planning a wedding was this…

Josh and I vowed in front of God, family and friends to love each other through everything. For better or worse. In sickness and health. For richer or poorer. Till death do us part. It hasn’t always been easy, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I am a wife. It is a big part of my identity and I can proudly say that as of tomorrow I will have been married to J for 9 awesome years!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are certainly a model wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated congrats to you! Anniversaries are such wonderful times to reflect back on how far you've come and how much more is ahead. :)
    I remember when I first met you...Alpha, many many years ago....you may not remember...what a blessing it was to pray for you. An even greater blessing to see the joy you two share today!
    May the Lord bless you both abundantly! :)

    ReplyDelete