Saturday, October 8, 2011

My life is not a cooking show...

I love to cook, but am strictly a "follow the recipe to the smallest detail" kind of girl. I am not adventurous in my food choices either. So, to indulge in exotic food and fantastical cooking I have a secret love for the food channel. I love to watch them cook amazing dishes of food in their perfect kitchens (seriously, their spotless kitchens have a place for everything!) that have windows that look out onto beautiful landscaping.

My prime example is this woman:





Giada De Laurentiis is fascinating to watch and I love her food! She even has her own section of cookware and food at Target. I was very proud that the food processor I purchased to make Wyatt's baby food is the exact same one she uses! Her kitchen has a large picture window that looks out onto the beach...gorgeous!



I really want my life to look like it comes from a cooking show! Everything neat and orderly and in it's place. Matching dishes and coordinating linens. Everything listed out like a nice detailed recipe. I know it shouldn't matter, but it is important to me. I worry that people will judge me on how my life looks before they see how it is underneath that. I want it to look perfect so that they may not notice the mistakes underneath.



Even if I manage to somehow make my life look like that what you don't see is that 10 minutes before I probably shoved the big pile of paperwork and mail into the towel drawer. The cabinets are not organized. My linens do not match my dishes.



I love this part of my life too...life is meant to be lived! I need to take more time to stray from the recipe and try new things. My kitchen will never look like Giada's! I love my life. I love everything that the Lord has blessed me with! Even if it is (sometimes) cluttered and may not always match! I think people need to see your mistakes. It's what makes us all human. So, my life has mail that was stuffed in the towel drawer and kids who watch tv just so mommy can have 10 minutes of no screaming. I'll work on the bigger stuff, but that doesn't mean that I can't live my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment