Thursday, October 6, 2011

Small moments...

I love small moments. The moments that make your heart smile. The moments that you feel like the decisions that you have made are finally producing fruit...

We have had a busy week. Evey had surgery, Wy had his screening through the school district and I had a big math test. Then to top it off we had parent teacher conferences at Evey's school. I do not enjoy conferences. Last year we struggled through them praying for confirmation that we made the right decision in sending E to kindergarten instead of holding her back. Tonight was an answer to those prayers!

E's teacher is wonderful! The right balance of strictness and warmth. She went over everything Evey was doing well with and the things that we need to work on. She was showing us Evey's 1st grade portfolio and there it was...

On a page with her "favorites" she listed the things that she loved:

Favorite Food: Pizza (Because it tastes good)
Favorite Color: Purple (Because it's pretty)
Favorite Thing To Do: Play with my brother (Because he's cute)

And the small moment that made me proud of my baby girl...
Favorite Book: The Bible (Because it teaches me how to be a good person)

You wonder if the lessons you're trying to teach your children stay with them or if they just pass through them...I am proud of my Evey and am thankful for the small moments in life that God gives me!

1 comment: